Monday, December 5, 2011

Son of a ...Nutcracker!



     So, its that time of year again people. Happiest time of year so they say. Well, if your anything like me you'd rather be stabbed in the eyeball by a rusty spoon and attacked by a rabid donkey than to beat feet in the retail crowds. Yep...HO HO HO!!



     But I got smart this year. Yep, decided I was gonna do allllll my shopping online. Your not gonna see me wasting my gas at $3.89/gallon driving around from strip mall to outlet mall to big box retailer. Nope. Im gonna hop onto my Mac, with my black friday deals..and Im gonna shop with a hot cup of coffee (cold beer) and the sunday paper.

     It started off well. Toys R Us had amazing black friday deals. 50% off a lot of really great toys. I knew the sale was starting Thanksgiving night at 9pm. So I candidly added about 30 items to my cart, knowing at 9, they were all gonna be on sale..I'd cash out..I'd be set. Done. With my new found enjoyment, I contemplated a steaming cup of tea (chilled wine).

     So here it was, 9pm...I logged onto the site, clicked on proceed to cash out..FAIL. again, .. FAIL. This went on...oh about 4 or 5 more times. Apparently, other mothers had had the same intentions. I decided I was gonna let them fight with the repeatedly crashing website. I wasn't gonna be a part of this nonsense. I would just get up early the next morning..log in and cash out. There would be no problems here. I was smarter than those women!

     9am Friday morning, plopped myself in front of the Mac, with my cup of coffee (real coffee, im not a lush). Logged on, clicked on the cart..ya ya..you heard this all before. Go to cash out. ..My 30 items have now become 19 items. It appears those persistent mothers got the goods before they ran out. What did I expect? They did the time, they fought the good fight. Luckily for me, I had items on another site as well...ahh! yes. THEY were still there! yay. To save time, cause Im a working woman, I didn't log in. I signed in as a guest. Same 'ol ..click to proceed to cash out. And...its not going through. Apparently these damn servers are too busy as well! So I click to go back and just save. I don't have the time right now. Except...my carts now empty. Jesus! 3 hours spent shopping online to get 1/3 of my items sold out, websites crashing all over the U.S. and now? I have nothing!

     Moral of this story? NEVER sign in as a guest. You don't count when your just a guest and they don't save your items. My fault, guess I should've just hammered the pavement as usual and taken my aggression out on the other holiday shoppers. Ha. Happy Holidays!



2 comments:

  1. Hi there Fancy.. I would have probably thrown my laptop out the window. lol.. One thing I hate is trying order a shirt or jersey online. I am a big guy, and need 3X.. Nope, XL or 2X, no 3X. Infuriating.. Oh well.. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JaeCorr~it was trying to say the least. as a non-commited shopper to begin with..it was a harsh time! at least you share in my pain as well. haha! have a great one yourself and thx for reading!!

    ReplyDelete